Terms and Conditions
Updated: January 10 2008
- BritCaster only accepts feed submissions which comply with the following selection criteria:
- At least one of the regular significant, audible contributors to the podcast show must be a citizen of the UK or UK expat living abroad.
- A podcast is determined as an audio programme created specifically for the purpose of distribution via RSS technology.
(Podcasts comprising of repurposed recordings from other forms of broadcasting are to be specially categorised and only published within their own feed).
- Repurposed podcasts by commercial broadcasters and which are either paid subscription based cannot be part of the main aggregated podcast feeds at this time. An additional category will be available at a later date to accommodate these commercial podcasts.
- All podcast submissions will be verified by a BritCaster.com administrator prior to being made available within one or more aggregated feeds.
- All podcast owners must provide conclusive proof of ownership of a particular podcast feed by inserting a supplied code into the feed for verification (code supplied on registration).
- Podcast feed owners agree that BritCaster.com can re-publish their podcast feed items into one or more aggregated RSS feeds published directly from the Britcaster.com website and its affiliate websites.
- Podcast feed owners agree that BritCaster.com, its associates, affiliates or staff will not be held liable for any illegal or illegitimate activity undertaken by the podcaster in the creation and publishing of their podcast.
Podcasters accept full responsibility for any and all content published through their RSS feed registered with BritCaster.com.
- Podcast feed owners agree to permit BritCaster.com to make alterations to the published post textual and html content in order to make it appropriate for aggregation into one or more of the BritCaster.com RSS feeds. This includes the
removal of content which does not conform to a particular aggregated feed's content guidelines. BritCaster.com will not and cannot alter the content of any podcast or vidcast programme content itself.
- Podcast feed owners agree that BritCaster.com has the right to remove advertising banners or content from podcast RSS items to maintain non-advertising policy of BritCaster.com feeds.
- Podcast feed owners agree that BritCaster.com has the right to insert additional generic information about the podcaster's feed, podcast and website, plus an aggregated feed strapline and website link into all podcast post items served via any of the BritCaster.com aggregated feeds. Britcaster will not insert spam or revenue generating advertisements to any feed.
- BritCaster.com cannot guarantee that any podcast registered on the system will appear in any of the BritCaster.com aggregated feeds. Specific questions regarding feed difficulties should be brought to the attention of a BritCaster.com administrator.
- BritCaster.com reserves the right to disallow any podcast feeds from appearing in its aggregated feeds at the discretion of BritCaster.com administrators.
- Podcast owners must agree to all of the above Terms & Conditions in order to include their podcast feed in any of the BritCaster.com aggregated feeds
- BritCaster.com reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time providing a minimum of 7 days notice is given to all registered podcast email addresses.